Tuesday 2 February 2016

Arthritis and Aloe

Our body is made up of very complex organs, which need taking care of. I have always prided myself as been very healthy in terms of what I eat and drink, no alcohol, boring some may say, but that's for a reason. lots of fruits and vegetables and very little rice.

As a young child I use to wake up crying from pains on my hand, no one took me seriously as the pains comes and goes. While at university I will often stay awake due to severe pains on both hands and feet. It was at this time I decided to see a Doctor, even then nothing serious was one. It was initially thought I Lupus, but after a series of test, I was diagnose in my early twenties. 
despite eating a relatively healthy diet,  I still had to make serious some changes.

It is generally accepted that a good diet can and does help protect the body against some of the potential side effects of the drugs, taken to control the progression of Arthirtis.

What is Rheumatoid arthritis?

Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes inflamaiton in the joints, it is the second most common form of arthritis in the UK.

Symptoms
  • stiffness
  • tiredness (fatigue),
  • irritability
  • flu-like symptoms, feeling of being ill all the time
  • jont pains and welling.
There are other less common symptons like
  • inflammation in the eyes
  • weigth loss
  • rheumatoid nodules
  • inflammation of other parts of the body.
When to get tested:
If you have constant joint pains and stiffness, see your doctor immediately, no single test can give a definitely diagnosis of early stages of the disease. I went years before being diagnose, thankfully, no damage was been done to my joints.

I had the following test performed;
  • C-reactive proten (CRP)
  • tests for anitbodies called rheumatoid factor,
  • test for anaemia, and
  • X-rays on my joints.
Medical treatment of the disease ranges from the use of non-steroida anti-inflammatory drugs, like Iburophene,  Steriods, and what is called DMARDS, (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs.

other treaments includes:
  • gentle exercises which may help relief stiffness:
  • Podiatrist treatment: a podiatrist can give advice on how to look after your feet and the type of footwear that is suitable. I do not wear heels, or hard sole shoes, a small price to pay to keep my joint safe.
  • However, losing weight goes a long way to help reduces the strain on the joints.
  • Surgery which may range from minor surgery (to nereve) to major surgery (such as joint replacement)
How do you manage the disease:
  • Eat a balance diet and keept a healthy weight
  • protect your joints from unnecessary strain, like wearing heels
  • get a good nights sleep to help with fatigue
  • strike a balance between rest and exercise.
Diets
Having a balance and varied diet which comprises of fruits and vegetables, will maximise our intake of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients.Supplements can help a great deal if you cannot be disciplined enough to religiously have your 5 or 7 a day potion of fruits and vegetables.
The most important minerals for people with arthritis are
  1. Calcium
  2. vitamin D
  3. Iron
How has Aloe helped me:

My daily intake of aloe vera based products has helped relieve fatigue,  stiffness and pains.
Forever freedom has been specifically designed for joints. It is fortified with MSM (methylsulphonylmethane, glucosamine sulphateand Chondrotin Sulphate, vitamin E, ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

Glucosamine sulphate and chondroitin sulphate are two natural substances that help maintain the structure and health of the cartilage, keeping this natural shock absorber well hydrated and the lubricating fluid withing the joint at the necessary viscosity, to allow one surface to glide freely over the other.
Other Products which have helped me from the forever range are:
  • Forever Calcium
  • Forever Immublend
  • Arctic- Sea (fish oil)
  • Absorbent-C
According to Arthrits Research UK: some foods and food supplements can help with arthritis, although the effects are farly specific to the type of arthritis you have.
I have personally found great relieve since I started taking supplements rich in calcium, vitamin D and Iron.

Please check with your doctor before taking any supplement.

If you would like to know more about any of the products refered to in this article, please drop me an email.
Like, share, twit, if you have found value in this article.
You can get any of the supplements referred in this article at www.debbieokoro.myforever.biz/store






No comments: